What is the TN Promise?
The Tennessee Promise provides students a last-dollar scholarship, meaning the scholarship will cover the cost of tuition and mandatory fees not covered by the Pell grant, the HOPE scholarship, or the Tennessee Student Assistance Award. Students may use the scholarship at any of the state’s 13 community colleges, 27 colleges of applied technology, or other eligible four-year institution offering an associate degree program. Click here for a complete list of TN Promise institutions.
What are the requirements?
- -Students must attend a mandatory meeting during their senior year to be eligible for the program.
- -Students must complete the FAFSA by Janurary 16, 2018 to remain eligible.
- -Participants must complete and submit eight (8) hours of community service per semester.
- -Participants must maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA) at their respective institution to remain eligible.
How Do I Apply for the Scholarship?
- -The TN Promise Scholarship is offered through the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC). To apply for the scholarship, students must first create a TSAC account. NOTE: All dual enrollment students created a TSAC account to apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant; you will not need to create a new account.
- -Select ‘Create a Log In’
- -Create your account
- -Once your account is created, you will be taken back to the Log In page. Log into the account you created.
- -Select ‘Apply for Scholarships’ on the top left corner of the page.
- -Select ‘Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award’
- -Complete the application and submit.
Fayette Academy students must submit their community service hours to TN REDI by July 1, 2018. Click here to submit your community service hours.