Scholarships and Awards
- Edward Havercamp Academic Award: This award is presented to a freshman male athlete and freshman female athlete who have maintained the highest academic averages for their freshman year. This award is presented annually in loving memory of Edward Havercamp by his graduating Class of 1989.
- J.B. Summers Athletic Award: Each year the J. B. Summers Athletic Award is presented to the graduating senior boy athlete and senior girl athlete with the highest academic average. This award is given in loving memory of Mr. J. B. Summers, a teacher, coach, and business leader.
- Jim Armour Christian Leadership Award: This award is presented to a sophomore male and sophomore female who have shown Christian leadership in their daily lives. This award is presented annually in loving memory of Jim Armour by his graduating Class of 1999.
- Mary Margaret Pilcher Christian Leadership Award: Mary Margaret Pilcher was a young lady who loved her God, her family, and her friends. She had a smile that would light the room, a voice that would thrill your soul, a sweet spirit that was evident in her every waking hour and a heart bigger than she was. She was not perfect, but she did not just talk the WWJD –she walked it. The Mary Margaret Pilcher Christian Leadership Award is given to a graduating female athlete who exemplifies Christ-like attitudes and actions in her everyday walk.
- Elizabeth Daggon Award for Academic Excellence: Each year the Elizabeth Daggon Award for Academic Excellence is presented to a graduating senior. This senior, selected by the high school faculty, has shown outstanding characteristics of leadership, character, and scholarship over the past four years at Fayette Academy. This award is in loving memory of Mrs. Elizabeth Daggon, the first Headmistress at Fayette Academy.
- Tim Taylor Christian Leadership Award: This award is presented annually at the senior football player who has shown Christian leadership both on the football field and in his daily life. This award is presented annually in loving memory of Tim Taylor by his graduating Class of 1976.
The following scholarships are offered by third party sponsors. Student’s may apply for these scholarships through the counseling office; however, scholarship selection is determined by the third party. If a Fayette Academy student is selected as the scholarship recipient, the student must provide proof of acceptance and registration to a postsecondary institution. Once proof of attendance has been submitted, the scholarship sponsor will send all financial aid directly to the postsecondary institution.
Merit Based Scholarships
Scholarships based on merit are those in which students are selected based on their academic achievement.
- Harry Ozier Scholar Athlete Scholarship The recipient of this award is a male or female student that has participated in athletics at Fayette Academy for four years and has maintained the highest academic average for four years of science. The recipient also must have taken AP Biology. This scholarship is given by Dr. & Mrs. Brad Jennings.
- Hal Montague Scholar Athlete Scholarship The recipient of this award must be a senior who was a member of the Fayette Academy football team with the highest GPA at the end of his senior year. This recipient must have been a member of the team for at least three years. This scholarship is given by Dr. & Mrs. Brad Jennings.
Competitive scholarships are those in which students must submit applications. Student applications will be compared and a recipient will be selected by the third-party scholarship sponsor. All applications are due by December 1st, 2016. All applications may be picked up and submitted to the counseling office.
- Robert Walker Scholarship: The Robert Blain Walker Memorial Scholarship Endowment is awarded annually to a deserving member of the graduating class who has demonstrated successful academic performance and has been accepted for admission to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Students must submit an application as well as two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be obtained from a teacher, and one letter of recommendation must be obtained from a sponsor/leader in an extracurricular activity. The University of Tennessee at Knoxville will select students based on academic excellence, community/church involvement, extra-curricular activities, and leadership. Students must return their application to the counselor, and teachers must submit their letters of recommendation to the counselor. The counselor will attached the student’s transcript and send the application packet to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville for selection.
- Dana Buckley Goddard Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is given in memory of Dana Buckley Goddard. The award is based on the recipient maintaining a 3.0 grade point average in math over four years of high school math. The applicant must also respond to an essay question.
- Mary Margaret Pilcher Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is administered by the Somerville Rotary Club. The scholarship is given to a graduating senior based on high school achievement, community service, and financial need.
- Benjamin Adair, IV Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a graduating student of Fayette Academy who has been accepted to an accredited college or university. The scholarship recipient will be selected from applicants who have actively participated in the athletic activities of Fayette Academy, who have shown dedication to his/her academic success and display good Christian values in his/her everyday activities, and who have submitted the required essay.
- LaGrange Cultural Foundation Scholarship: Promoting education within Fayette County is one of the primary missions of the LaGrange Cultural Foundation. Good reading and writing skills improve students’ ability to better themselves thus enabling solving professional, technical, or scientific problems with more facility. Students are to submit a 1500-2000 word essay on their interests they are pursing in their postsecondary education. Students are required to used MLA format and 3-4 quality referenced sources. The first place winner will receive a $1,500 scholarship award; the runner-up will receive a $1,000 scholarship award.
- Somerville Garden and Arts Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a graduating student at Fayette Academy who choose to pursue the arts in their postsecondary education. The recipient will receive a $500 scholarship.